Sunday, September 23, 2012

Large Grey Babbler (Turdoides malcolmi)



This long-tailed and large babbler has a brown body with creamy white outer tail feathers which are easily visible as they fly with fluttery wing beats low over the ground. The lores are dark and forehead is grey with white shaft streaks on the feathers. The rump and uppertail covers are pale grey. The mantle has dusky blotches and no shaft streaks. The three outer tail feathers are white and the fourth pair has the outer web white. The wings are darker brown. The iris is yellow and the upper mandible is dark brown while the lower mandible is yellowish. The tail is faintly cross barred. Abnormal specimens showing albinism or leucism have been reported.

I located this juvenile at the outer of my hometown. I took several frames instantly as I didn’t want to disturb him. When I was busy in shooting I heard a loud noise of babblers coming towards the juvenile. I laid down on the ground instantly to hide myself. The babblers continued making noise and a pair of babblers reached near the juvenile and start to feed him. I had taken my position for the shoot and start capturing those lovely moments. I captured around 50 frames and some of the snaps are here.

Large Grey Babbler juvenile

Large Grey Babbler and juvenile

Large Grey Babbler feeding young one

All Images are Copyrighted Syed F. Abbas and may not be used in any form, website or print/online media without written permission of the Photographer. For any inquiry for the photographs please contact: 
syedfabbasfotography@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment